Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 | Full-Time
Who is Bergen's Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing, mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and received the Outstanding Employer award in 2022 from the New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Support Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
- Conveys ideas and facts, both verbally and in writing, using language that others will best understand; listens with undivided attention while seeking to understand
- Makes decisions with knowledge of facts, goals, constraints, and risks within the scope of their position, including consideration of the health and safety of all stakeholders
- Is accountable to fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing resources
- Develops solution-focused and creative ideas when problem solving and working to achieve goals
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, is resourceful and achieves results with little oversight
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and professional development; responds positively to coaching and feedback
- Facilitates collaborative, professional, and productive relationships with all agency stakeholders
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity
- Provide administrative support in completing the Agency’s functions, including, but not limited to:
- Report Production
- Maintenance of Records
- Support Quality Assurance processes
- Assist with office technology
- Order and maintain supply inventories
- Schedule and perform all tasks related to Agency vehicles
- Provide assistance for Agency events, meetings and projects
- Assist with the creation and distribution of Agency print and electronic publications
- Maintain and update Agency calendars, contacts and lists
- Prepare, compose and distribute correspondence per Agency’s standards
- Maintain and execute general administrative office procedures
- Provide training on administrative office procedures when applicable
- Front desk coverage when needed, including but not limited to:
- Answer, direct, handle incoming calls
- Greet and direct visitors
- Process facsimiles, standard and electronic mail
- Process incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Maintain the organization of office facilities
- Understand and ensure that tasks are conducted and material is handled in a sensitive and confidential manner in compliance with HIPAA and Agency policies
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Comply with all Agency policies and procedures
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Associates Degree preferred
- Two to three years of experience in a comparable area in lieu of education
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and other applicable office technology and software; experience is multimedia communications a plus
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation, personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans.
- Professional Development Opportunities
Bergen’s Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings