Certified Health Education Specialist -TEMPORARY Leave Replacement
Compensation: $50,000 - $53,000 per year | Full-Time
Health is the state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit.
Bergen's Promise is seeking an experienced Health and Wellness Educator for a long term - approximately five months - temporary position.
This is a full time 40 hours per week position that offers benefits. Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the needs of
the youth and families we serve.
You will be a member of the BHH Team who, in collaboration with our Care Managers, provide a much needed combination of medical health and wellness services
combined with behavioral health services. If you are passionate about serving children and providing needed services that these children may not have
had previous exposure to, and if you meet our requirements we WANT to hear from you!
- Participate in the Wraparound model of collaboration within the Child Family Team model as it pertains to the development of self-management health
goals to be included in the service plan.
- Facilitate regular contact via phone calls and face to face meetings with youth/family to monitor progress and provide support for the self-management
goals includes in the service plan.
- Engage assigned child and families in health promotion planning and activities, including the provision of motivational interventions to increase
treatment and medication compliance and support lifestyle changes.
- Provide health education specific to chronic conditions of assigned youth.
- Facilitate the engagement of youth and families in community supports which may include preparing youth and family for pending appointments and
accompanying youth and families on appointments to reduce youth/family apprehension.
- Participate in transitional care and follow-up planning on assigned youth.
- Adhere to Medicaid standards and regulations governing targeted case management.
- Meet with the Director of Health Services on a regular basis for consultation and supervision
- Ensure that documentation is posted within the electronic record and filed in hard chart within required time frames and compliant with the applicable
- Comply with Agency required critical/unusual incident report protocol.
- Collaborate with the Family Service Organization (FSO) to initiate caregiver support.
- Identify new community resources and barriers, and ensure this information is conveyed to the Community Resource Director.
- Collaborate with the Director of Health Services to identify, monitor and report outcome measures of BHH care management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in nutrition, health education OR related field
- CHES Certification
- Maintain a high level of leadership and professionalism
- Culturally competent and responsive
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to work with energy and enthusiasm on assigned teams
- Experience with community relations, resource development, and Wraparound process are a plus
- Computer literate and proficiency in writing skills
- Be able to work under supervision and as part of a community team
- Valid drivers license is required; MUST maintain required vehicle insurance according to Agency mandate
- Bi-lingual skills highly desired
- Long Term Care
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Pension Plans
Return to Job Listings