Manager of Educational Collaboration
Compensation: $53,000-$58,000 | Full-Time
Our mission is "Healthy Families, Safe at Home." Bergen's Promise provides exceptional care management services to keep youth and families physically
and emotionally safe. We are a fast-growing social services agency based in Bergen County, New Jersey. We are looking for a seasoned Manager who
shares our energy and enthusiasm in supporting the mission of Bergen's Promise.
Bergen's Promise will offer YOU an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance
and two types of pension plans. We offer liberal time off benefits including Vacation, Personal and Sick time; and provide 13 paid holidays a year.
We are committed to your professional development and will provide you with ample opportunities for continued education and training.
Individual Skills and Competencies:
- COMMUNICATION – Listening; Written and Oral Communication/Tact; Use of Technology
- INTELLECTUAL – Planning and Organizing; Creative Thinking/Problem Solving; Decision Making/Judgment; Fiscal Accountability
- PERSONAL – Adaptability, Flexibility and Resilience; Accountability, Dependability and Self-management; Attention to Detail; Youth and Family
Focus; Development and Continual Learning; Resourceful; Ethics, Integrity and Safety
- INTERACTION WITH OTHERS – Teamwork and Relationship-building; Valuing Diversity and Cultural Competence
- OCCUPATIONAL – Training and Presenting Information; Enforcing Policies and Procedures; Managing Projects; Conflict Resolution
- MANAGEMENT – Leadership; Business Alignment; Coaching and Mentoring
- Advance the mission, vision, and Wraparound philosophy of Bergen’s Promise on behalf of staff, children, and families.
- Exemplify alignment with all Agency values as follows:
- Professionalism - Comport oneself with the dignity, confidence, dependability and ethics that represents Bergen’s Promise’s standards and
codes of conduct, both within the Agency as well as the Bergen County educational community; this includes but is not limited to local
public schools, out-of-district schools, charter schools, and private schools.
- Collaboration - Establish and maintain working professional relationships with key personnel within the educational system, to include
Principals, School Social Workers, Child Study Team members, Substance Abuse Counselors, Student Assistance Counselors, Guidance Counselors,
Site-based Clinical Service providers, School Nurses, administration, etc.
- Talent Engagement and Development - Remain current on education-related laws and topics; ensure that new information and resources are
shared with staff so they may further develop their knowledge base and skill set.
- Cultural Competency – promote the respect for the diversity of identities, practices, beliefs, preferences and values of the staff, students,
and their parents, that comprise the educational community of Bergen County.
- Health and Safety – assist school staff in fostering the educational environment as a healthy and safe place for students to learn and
flourish, through coordinated activities which promote health, wellness, and protection.
- Ensure through diligent management and leadership that all partnerships and collaborations with Bergen’s Promise’s and the Children’s System of Care’s
educational partners result in optimal outcomes for children and families receiving care management services through the Agency.
- Develop and maintain a Bergen’s Promise leadership role within the County’s Educational Services network, via attendance toall Education System partners
meetings within the County, including but not limited to: North Jersey Special Education Administrators Association (NJSEAA), Bergen County Special
Schools (BCSS) District, Children’s Inter-Agency Coordinating Council (CIACC) Education sub-committee, Suspension Alternatives Program (SAP) and
others as so designated.Attend IEP and/ or other school meetings related to youth, as needed, to assist the CFT to communicate to the school the
identified educational and wellness needs of the youth and family.
- Support and collaborate with school-based Student Resource Officers (SROs), and act as a primary representative of Bergen’s Promise at the monthly
Juvenile Officers’ Association meetings.
- Manage and lead the School Collaboration Team sub-committee, via capable Chairmanship, to best implement its mission, purpose, and goals.Ensure accountability
of the Committee for its specified outcomes.
- Solicit narratives which support proof-of-concept for the effectiveness of the Wraparound Approach in fulfilling the Agency’s Mission, specifically
the positive outcomes resulting from collaborative work between Bergen’s Promise and its educational partners.
- Provide updates, analyses and creative solutions to Directors of Care Management and Chief Operations Officer, upon request, regarding strategies for
engaging educational partners intreatment planning for youth and families.
- Develop, organize, and facilitate new employee trainings for all Staff, in collaboration with New Employee Orientation Workgroup (NEOW) and Care Management
- In partnership with the Agency’s Community Resources Department, provide education-related resources to Care Managers and families/youth as needs dictate;
and provide formal and informal presentations throughout the community on the mission, vision and values of Bergen’s Promise and Children’s System
of Care (CSOC), and the Wraparound service-delivery model.
- Ensure all licenses and certifications are current and maintained, including but not limited to Nurtured Heart Approach and Wraparound Coach certification.
- Work independently and exercise sound judgment within established internal and external policies and procedures.
- Complete assigned reports and documentation in a timely manner.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties, as assigned by Supervisor or higher-level management personnel.
Qualifications & Skills:
REPORTS TO: Director of Care Management
SUPERVISES: Assigned by Executive Management as applicable
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Special Education, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology) with a minimum of one year of experience
working with children and families, and working knowledge of the New Jersey educational system; OR Bachelor’s degree with
minimum of 2 years’ experience working with education partners within the Children’s System of Care
- Proven alignment with Agency Values
- Experience managing and leading projects and workgroups
- Familiarity with the Wraparound Model of Care
- Proven aptitude in managing processes, developing standards and promoting process improvement
- Proven Team Leader with comprehension of strategic partnering
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing
- Bilingual a plus
Return to Job Listings