Compensation: $43,000 - $46,000 | Full-Time
“I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day you bet on people, not on strategies.” Lawrence Bossidy
Bergen’s Promise is a fast-growing social services agency serving the youth and families of Bergen County, New Jersey. We are in search of an experienced
administrative and strategic HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise in ensuring smooth
and efficient business operations. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like
managing the HR Assistant, offering guidance on recruitment & retention, managing bi-weekly payroll, administering employee benefits and leaves
and crafting HR policies. Additionally, you will use HRIS to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as
the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Ensures compliance with E-Verify and USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Processes payroll changes and runs bi-weekly payroll using Paylocity.
- Calculate and report pension data.
- Assists with all recruitment and retention tasks.
- Benefits administration and administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Maintains appropriate communications with the Union, including on-boarding, off-boarding, and disciplinary action notifications.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings
- Monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Maintains HRIS records and distributes reports for management decision making.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Requires 3 – 5 years-experience, additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
Preferred but not required:
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of Paylocity a plus
- Knowledge of HR federal and state laws and regulations
BP will offer YOU an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance
and two types of pension plans. We offer liberal time off benefits including Vacation, Personal and Sick time; and provide 13 paid holidays a year.We
are committed to your professional development and will provide you with ample opportunities for continued education and training.
Return to Job Listings