Human Resource Director
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: competitive salary based on experience | Full-Time
Are you a mission driven, experienced human resource professional that wants to 'make a difference' in an organization as well as the community
Who is Bergen’s Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing,
mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance
use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's
unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage
you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Leadership Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
As the Director of Human Resources, you would be responsible for supporting the Leadership Team to strategically address all aspects of human resources
for the agency. The ideal candidate should have hands-on human resources generalist experience, with knowledge in recruitment/retention, payroll, training,
Essential Functions of the Position (including but not limited to):
- Administers the agency’s benefit programs, from enrollment to ongoing benefit administration.
- Understands and manages the agency’s talent needs, inclusive of the entire employee life cycle (i.e., recruitment, onboarding, performance management,
professional development, employee recognition, succession planning, as well as employee engagement, staff retention, offboarding, and exit interviewing.)
- Maintains and continually pursues updated knowledge of employment laws and regulations and communicates those changes to the Leadership staff.
- Participate actively in the agency’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Participates as the staff lead in the Talent Engagement and Development Committee.
Qualifications & Skills:
REQUIRED Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of human resource experience with progressive management responsibilities, preferably in a social service or non-profit
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to move multiple projects forward with a clear focus on execution and outcomes.
- Excellent mediation/conflict resolution skills.
- Culturally informed.
- Advanced computer skills, including human resource information systems, and be proficient in learning and applying new technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, often simultaneously.
- Flexible, ethical, open-minded and detail oriented.
- Excellent leadership skills, listening skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and strong customer service skills.
- Able to work with all levels of agency staff and also with the agency’s Board of Trustees and its committees, as appropriate.
- Possess a valid Driver's License.
PREFERRED qualifications and skills:
- PHR or SHRM certification
Our HR Director would earn a competitive salary based on experience.
We offer a benefits package that supports across the lifespan:
- Generous Time Off Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Plans
- Competitive Salary
- Professional Development Opportunities
If we sound like a good fit with your career aspirations we would love to hear from you!
Return to Job Listings