Human Resource Director
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: | Full-Time
Bergen’s Promise, Inc. based in Hackensack, NJ is seeking to hire a full-time Human Resources Director. We are a private non-profit organization that
values diversity within our staff, the wellbeing and lives of the Children & Families we serve.
What do you value in a job/work environment? If what we have to offer sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you!
We are a private nonprofit organization committed to serving Bergen County children and their families. Our core values include Talent Engagement and
Development, Professionalism, and Collaboration. In order to hire and retain people who share these values, we offer generous benefits and a positive
As a Care Management Organization (CMO), we partner with families to create and manage individual service plans (ISPs) using informal and community
support for children with complex needs including behavioral, emotional, and developmental disabilities as well as those with substance use issues.
We utilize a Wraparound Model of Care, which is an individualized planning process for care management that leverages the Child and Family Team,
building on a family's and community's unique strengths, values and resources. This wraparound model focuses on stabilization and shifts the balance
of decision making from professionals to the family and community.
As the Director of Human Resources you would be responsible for working with the Leadership Team to address all aspects of human resources
for the agency. The ideal candidate should have hands-on human resources generalist experience, with knowledge in labor relations, various legal,
regulatory, payroll, training and benefit areas. Because adequate and appropriate staffing is critical to ensuring that the care management mission
for youth and in families in need is carried out, the Director of Human Resources is a vital and critical part of the agency’s Leadership and Board
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION (including but not limited to):
- Administers the agency’s benefit programs, from enrollment to ongoing benefit administration.
- With the COO and Leadership Team, continually review the status of staff needs per youth census and ensures the agency adapts accordingly.
- Understands and manages the agency’s talent needs, inclusive of the entire employee life cycle (i.e. recruitment, onboarding, performance management,
professional development, employee recognition, succession planning, as well as employee engagement, staff retention, offboarding, and exit interviewing.)
- Maintains, updates, and administers the agency’s compensation plan.
- Maintains and continually pursues updated knowledge of employment laws and regulations and communicates those changes to the Leadership staff.
- Participates actively in the agency’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Serves as the Safety officer and ensures compliance with staff safety requirements.
- Participates actively as a member of the agency’s Leadership team and in guiding the agency strategically from a human resource perspective.
- Participates as the staff lead in the Board of Trustees Human Resources Committee.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s degree in Human Resource Management
of Business Administration preferred.
- PHR or SHRM certification preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of human resource experience with progressive management responsibilities, preferably in a social service or
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to move multiple projects forward with a clear focus on execution and results.
- Must have excellent mediation/conflict resolution skills.
- Must be culturally informed.
- Must have advanced computer skills, including human resource information systems, and be proficient in learning and applying new technology.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, often simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, ethical, open-minded and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, listening skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with all levels of agency staff and also with the agency’s Board of Trustees and its committees, as appropriate.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Our HR Director would earn a competitive salary based on experience. We also offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 2 retirement
savings accounts, and generous paid time off (PTO). If this sounds like the right opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Return to Job Listings