Human Resource Generalist
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: | Full-Time
“I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day you bet on people, not on strategies.” Lawrence Bossidy
Who is Bergen’s Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing,
mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance
use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's
unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage
you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
Are you an experienced administrative and strategic HR Generalist? We seek someone who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human
resources expertise to ensure smooth and efficient business operations.
Your multi-dimensional role would include:
- Maintain all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Ensure compliance with E-Verify and USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Process payroll changes and run bi-weekly payroll using Paylocity.
- Calculate and report pension data.
- Assists with all recruitment and retention tasks.
- Administer employee benefits and COBRA for group health plans.
- Track all employee disciplinary action.
- Maintain appropriate communications with the Union, including on-boarding, off-boarding, and disciplinary action notifications.
- Maintain and process all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attend unemployment hearings when
- Monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Update, monitor and maintain eligible salary adjustments/increases.
- Report, maintain and monitor all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Maintain confidential HRIS records and distribute reports for management decision making.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Manage a Human Resource Assistant
- Offer guidance on recruitment and retention
- Craft HR policies
- Serve as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
Qualifications & Skills:
REQUIRED Qualifications and Skills
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE in Human Resources, business, or a related field
- 3 – 5 years-experience, additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package that supports you through your life span including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans.
- Fitness Membership contribution
Bergen's Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings