Pediatric Behavioral Health Nurse - RN
Location: Hackensack, New Jersey
Compensation: | Full-Time
**Unique Community Health Nursing experience in Pediatric Integrated Healthcare**
Bergen’s Promise is the designated Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County. We provide care management services and coordinate an array
of community based resources for youth ages 5-21 and their families. The youth we serve are challenged by serious behavioral, emotional, mental
health, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities.
You will become instrumental in the continuing development of this ground-breaking program when joining the Pediatric Health Care Team at Bergen's
Promise. The New Jersey Pediatric Behavioral Health Home Model of Service integrates mental and physical health within one agency.
You will play an integral part in the continuing expansion of the Behavioral Health Home Model of Service. This position combines nursing and behavioral
health with a family/community focus. Within the Behavioral Health Home Model of Service the Pediatric Behavioral Health Nurse performs nursing
assessments, provides medical advocacy, medication/medical education, and referrals. The Pediatric Behavioral Health Nurse develops and monitors
self-management health goals included in the Individual Service Plan and is accountable for the outcomes of these goals.
Responsible for increasing the census of youth served through promotion of the program.
- Participate in the Wraparound model of collaboration within the Child Family Team model as it pertains to the development of self-management health
goals to be included in the service plan.
- Facilitate regular contact via phone calls and face to face meetings with youth/families to monitor progress and provide support for the self-management
goals included in the service plan.
- Assist assigned families with identifying a primary care provider and coordinate health care goals within the interdisciplinary care team.
- Obtain applicable metabolic levels and information for assigned youth from primary care providers and school nurses if applicable.
- Provide health education and promotion to youth and families as related to their individual needs.
- Facilitate the engagement of youth and families in community supports which may include preparing youth and family for pending appointments and accompanying
youth and families on appointments to reduce youth/family apprehension.
- Participate in transitional care and follow-up planning on assigned youth.
Qualifications & Skills:
- RN License in the State of New Jersey
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the youth and families served - minimum of 25 hours, primarily late afternoon/early
evening - no weekends
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health Care Management preferred, pediatric experience needed
- Family/Community focused
- Valid Driver's License is required; Must maintain required vehicle insurance according to Agency mandate
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% of Medical, Dental, Vision premiums paid for by the Agency for yourself
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and ADD Insurance fully paid for by the Agency
- Employer funded profit sharing plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Plan available
- Credit Union Member
- Plum Benefits
- Verizon discount provided
- Generous time off benefits
Return to Job Listings