Resource Development Specialist
Location: 3 University Plaza Drive, Hackensack, NJ 07601
Compensation: Starting at $52,443 | Full-Time
Who is Bergen's Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing, mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Bergen's Promise was awarded Outstanding Employer in 2022 by the NJ Business and Industry Association (NJBIA).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise:
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
Some of the Primary Responsibilities of a Resource Development Specialist include:
- Manage day-to-day communication and ongoing relationships as it relates to current, new and upcoming projects
- As necessary, plan and attend community events to capitalize on resource and relationship-building opportunities
- Handle stakeholder complaints and collaborate to resolve issues
- Contract/provider management
- Ensure customers optimize [products or services] and appropriately debut new products as they relate to client needs.
- Analyze stakeholder and ResourceNet trends and provide actionable recommendations for improvements.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for BergenResourceNet.org, developing tailored pitches to each stakeholder group.
- Research and plan new community partnerships, growth opportunities and initiatives and retention of existing partnerships.
- Support Fundraising activities and contributions
- Conduct and present prospect research for the identification of new funding sources using publicly available resources
- In consultation with Director, draft and edit letters of inquiry, funding applications, interim and final reports for grant funders
- Monitor and track progress on grant submissions
- Assist with fundraising activities including planning and execution of site visits, coordinating volunteers and special events, conducting campaign solicitations, and managing direct mail programs, special events to cultivate and steward funders.
Qualifications & Skills:
What Qualifications and Skills are Needed to Apply?
- Master's Degree in business/public administration, communications, marketing, public relations or public health
- Excellent multitasker with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience building long-term professional relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management, internally and externally.
- Excellent, assertive communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Understanding of the business and stakeholder needs.
- Access, Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as experience with analyzing datasets and delivering actionable insights.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva a plus
- Ability to continuously think of creative ways to advance the organization’s mission, and goals related to communications and resource development.
- Ability to take initiative to pursue goals and work with a high degree of autonomy.
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Professional development opportunities
Bergen's Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings