Training & Engagement Manager
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: starting at $60,000 per year | Full-Time
Who is Bergen's Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing, mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Team:
1. You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
2. Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
3. You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
4. You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
5. You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
Some of the Primary Responsibilities of a Training & Engagement Manager include:
Organize meetings with Care Management team before preparing course materials to ensure a detailed understanding of training subjects and expectations
- Utilize data and performance measurement and management plan to identify training needs and progress
- Continually research methods and techniques in workplace training and remain up to date on developments within the industry and competitors
- Collect information from senior management and other departments regarding how well employees retain information and use the concepts learned in training courses
- Administer tests after the completion of training courses to determine the effectiveness of training strategies
- Create printed and instructional materials to be distributed during training
- Actively seek current training methods and best practices to facilitate training employees
- Conduct regular meetings with care management team to identify subjects to be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction
- Create internal marketing materials to be distributed throughout the company to announce training programs and details
- Maintain training records/ensuring training attendance records for compliance
- Engage and vet external trainers or training vendors
Oversee Care Management screening/interviewing process and collaborate with supervisors to determine whether a candidate fulfills the necessary qualifications to be successful in the role.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years training experience preferred
- Experience with Community relations, resource development, procuring training grants and Wraparound process a plus
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and other departments
- Experience developing yearly training plans and materials for all departments throughout the company
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously
- Valid and current driver's license
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans.
- Fitness membership discount
- Competitive Salary
- Professional Development Opportunities
Bergen's Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings