Bergen's Promise is the designated Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County, New Jersey. We serve youth ages 5 to 21, with serious behavioral health challenges, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities. Youth with chronic co-occurring behavioral and specific medical health issues will also be served through an enhanced medical care coordination component. The goal of this additional support is the joint coordination of wellness promotion with behavioral health care management.
Bergen’s Promise uses a Wraparound Model of Care, and provides a fresh perspective on helping families deal with complicated emotional and behavioral issues. We believe success is best achieved when:
- The youth and family are involved in the decision making process;
- There is a focus on strengths, not deficits;
- Other family members, friends and community supports closest to the family get involved to offer guidance and support;
- In-home and community based resources are used to address the most important needs;
- A clear plan is created to achieve the family’s long-term vision of success.
We are proud of our success stories in working with and supporting families dealing with such a broad range of challenges. Since 2002, Bergen’s Promise has worked with over 3,500 youth and their families by helping them receive the necessary services and supports to achieve their goals. Our many successful graduations are the agency’s most significant accomplishments.
Connect with us on