Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: | Full-Time
Who is Bergen's Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing, mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Care Management Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
As a Wellness Educator, you will have the opportunity to:
- participate in the Wraparound model of collaboration within the
Child Family Team model as it pertains to the development of
self-management health goals to be included in the service plan
regular contact via phone calls and face to face meetings with
youth/family to monitor progress and provide support for the
self-management goals includes in the service plan.
assigned child and families in health promotion planning and activities,
including the provision of motivational interventions to increase
treatment and medication compliance and support lifestyle changes.
- provide health education specific to chronic conditions of assigned youth.
the engagement of youth and families in community supports which may
include preparing youth and family for pending appointments and
accompanying youth and families on appointments to reduce youth/family
- participate in transitional care and follow-up planning on assigned youth.
And much more!
Qualifications & Skills:
What Qualifications and Skills are Needed to Apply?
To be considered for this role, you must possess:
- a Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education OR related
field; and certification appropriate to field of study as applicable
- CHES Certification
- a high level of leadership and professionalism
- excellent public speaking skills
- the ability to work with energy and enthusiasm on assigned teams
- 1-2 years experience with community relations, resource development, and Wraparound process are a plus
- computer literacy and proficiency in writing skills
- a Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Both English and Spanish fluency required
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans.
- Fitness Membership contribution
Bergen's Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings