Social Worker/Care Manager Supervisor
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: starting at $70,000 | Full-Time
Are you a mission driven, licensed social work or counseling professional with leadership experience that can make a real difference in the community we serve?
Who is Bergen’s Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing,
mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance
use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and
community's unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies.
We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Care Management Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
What are some of the primary job responsibilities of a Care Manager Supervisor?
Care Manager Supervisors are integral members of our care management team which ensure that youth and families receive appropriate care coordination following
the Wraparound model of care.
To that end, our Supervisors serve as a role model of Bergen’s Promise values in action to:
- Ensure the execution of the mission – Healthy Families, Safe at Home
- Promote a culture of exceptional service, partnerships and strength through accountability.
- Support talent engagement and development through the recruitment and retention of high performing, mission driven Care Managers
- Draw from professional experience and integrity, to inspire, train, and coach Care Managers to provide fidelity Wraparound service to youth and families
- Professionally develop and provide administrative and clinical case oversight and support to a team of 6-8 Care Managers.
- Be accountable for Care Manager deliverables including assessments, development of individualized plans of care, linkages and referrals to services,
and monitoring for quality service provision
- Maintain Health and Safety through compliance with Agency, State and Medicaid policies, procedures, standards and reporting protocols within required
Qualifications & Skills:
What Qualifications & Skills are needed to apply?
- Master’s Degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field
- License applicable to your degree (LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC)
- Minimum one-year experience providing supervision to a team of direct reports.
- Experience with individuals (preferably children) with substance use disorders, and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities a plus
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Exemplary time management and organization skills
- Culturally competent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic technology proficiency
- Valid driver’s license required
Bergen’s Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans.
- Competitive Salary
- Professional Development Opportunities
Bergen's Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings