Location: Hackensack, NJ
Compensation: $43,000 - $47,000 | Full-Time
Who is Bergen's Promise?
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children's System of Care. We are a rapidly growing, mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen's Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community's unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen's Promise Care Management Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
Some of the Primary Responsibilities of a Care Manager include:
- Empower youth and families to utilize informal supports and sustainable community resources to successfully transition towards independence.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners including school systems, health providers, court, DCPP, and out of home treatment organizations to
facilitate effective Wraparound care management for the youth and families served.
- Maintain Health and Safety through compliance with Agency, State and Medicaid policies, procedures, standards and reporting protocols within required
- Maintain professionalism and flexibility to accommodate the needs of the youth and families and the Agency in home, in community and telehealth.
- Support talent engagement and development by serving as an ambassador of your team, your families served, and the agency.
Qualifications & Skills:
What Qualifications and Skills are Needed to Apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field
- Minimum of one year related experience
- Experience in crisis management, youth with substance use disorders, and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities a plus.
- Bilingual language skills a plus.
- Basic technology proficiency
- Exemplary time management and organization skills
- Culturally informed
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
We offer an OUTSTANDING comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous time off including vacation (3 weeks to start), personal, sick time and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D insurance fully paid for by Agency
- Employer funded pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC supplemental plans available
- Long Term Care plan available
- Credit Union member
- Plum Benefits – discount tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
- 15% discount on Verizon Land/Cell phone plans.
- Professional development opportunities
Bergen's Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity and are committed to creating a culture that embraces all.
Return to Job Listings