Bergen’s Promise and Bergen County Department of Health Services is proud to present "Youth Mental Health First Aid Training". The training will be presented by Bergen's Promise Community Resource Director, Kathryn Werheim. This training is focused for adults who regularly interact with adolescents (coaches, youth group/scout leaders, parents, teachers, school staff, etc.).
What is Youth Mental Health First Aid?
- Teaches participants the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents
- Introduces a five-step action plan to support a youth and initiate mental health resources
- 8 hour interactive public education program offered over two evenings (4 hours per evening)
Why is Youth Mental Health First Aid Important?
- Just like CPR, it is a vital skill that improves the well-being of our community
- Helps to eliminate stigma associated with mental illness and substance abuse
- Promotes recovery and resiliency
Register for the 8-hour course to be held over two evenings, 4 hour sessions per evening:
- Tuesday, March 26 and Wednesday, March 27
- 5 PM—9 PM each evening
$35 Registration Fee includes comprehensive Participant Manual and Certificate of Completion (3 year certification). Payable by cash or check made payable to: Bergen’s Promise, attn.: Youth Mental Health First Aid registration